Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fabulous Before & Afters via Country Living.

I just found these today and am IN LOVE with so many rooms! I'm also a sucker for Before & Afters which is why I think I love HGTV's "Rate My Space" so very much.

Also...I'm still at the fab "midway point" in my own living room. Dealing with the "black lung" I've got or..okay...truth be told..some cough and cold. I'm not a miner. The feeling the cough provides makes me think I've spent a past life in the mines or something...but that's a different subject altogether.

GOTCHA!

****All images via Countryliving.com****

Today's first before:



Is this the worst room? No. But it's dated and the wood is heavy and it doesn't look like it really inspires anyone to dine in here.




After:


Ahhh...Ahhh...Ahhhh...amazing! I LOVE everything about this room. The contrast of black and white. That wallpaper!! The crispness of the white drapes and rug. I don't think my husband would dig this at all. He has great taste, but he has mentioned that my style tends to be more "eclectic" than his. For whatever reason, that comment reminds me of that scene in "Along Came Polly" where Polly (Jennifer Aniston) says to Reuben (Ben Stiller) "I eat ETHNIC food?! What?" Lol. If you haven't seen it, you should.





Before # 2:

A nice room. Boring. Needs some personality and could use a headboard.






After:

Holla!! What is most amazing about this? The "headboard" is actually...get ready..just a covering!! Genius! Seriously? Why didn't they make this stuff when I was a poor design student? you get tired of the look, you change it out! I have a headboard, so I'm not sure WHY I'm so excited, just know that I am, people!!






Headboard removable wallcovering, $128 for queen; casartcoverings.com



Finally...soon enough/eventually my own living room mini makeover shall be finished and posted here. Right now a lemon poppyseed muffin is calling and a small puppy.

Have a beautiful day!

xxoo

No comments: