Sunday, December 9, 2012

DIY Delight!

Via Pinterest, of course!

I think I've actually attempted and completed a FEW Pinterest projects, but for the most part...I find that pinning leaves me feeling inspired and then like.."Why am I so lazy that I can't start and complete one of these?" I know others feel that way as well. So..without further adieu, what is both inspiring to me today and also makes me feel like "Yep, that's not going to happen anytime soon. Maybe you should focus on some bunny art for around Easter time? Gives you a wide berth and timeframe!"

I talk to myself. Mostly in silent form. To music. Yep. (** Silent form meaning..I talk to music in my head but rarely do I utter anything aloud.**)


This could very well be one of the smartest ideas ever!
I say "could" due to the fact that I haven't tried to make these myself, but I want to! Making your own baskets out of cardboard? And having them look like this? So smart. Here's the link if you DARE:

http://www.hometalk.com/545222/make-baskets-out-of-cardboard-boxes/photo/105222





Next up..have some inexpensive Ikea mirrors lying around? I do as I move things around the house constantly. This i can actually see myself finishing!
How to is here:
http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/07/up-cycling-mirror-pt-2.html





This next idea is ADORABLE.
Instructions: Just print off any picture, spray paint a piece of wood black, cut the picture to match the size of the wood. Coat the wood with Mod Podge and lay the picture on top. Once it has dried thoroughly, use sandpaper to rough up the edges, then seal the photo with another layer of Mod Podge. Screw-in and paint eye hooks and hang with a pretty ribbon. Voila!





Need a new wine chandy?! Look no further than your own empty winebottles waiting for the recycling truck! Couldn't find actual instructions on this one.







This next idea is Genius!

.
Instructions AND good news: This can't be done here until spring or later so I could actually practice..but I'm sure I won't!
http://home-solutions.hsn.com/pathmate-do-it-yourself-belgian-style-stone-mold-2-pack_p-5864886_xp.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fhome-solutions.hsn.com%2Fpathmate-do-it-yourself-belgian-style-stone-mold-2-pack_p-5864886_xp.aspx&sourceid=3872207-10699362-skim1847X546955X7c996288ed7fe0a2de9bec41679d7894&cm_mmc=cj*other*3872207-10699362*skim1847X546955X7c996288ed7fe0a2de9bec41679d7894-NA



Need an amazing entry table that is slim?
Instructions:http://downtoearthstyle.blogspot.com/


I'm off to shovel a bit. It's snowing kind of heavily here. We woke up to our fabulous neighbors SHOVELING our driveway and walkway for us! I needed a nice neighbor, God sent me one this past April! We've lived here for almost five years and last year after Brad's first hip surgery..no help from anyone. I didn't expect help, but as I shoveled all winter, it would have been nice. Enter the new neighbors. So kind, helpful and sweet. As usual, I felt like I was going to cry when I opened the door! They've made a nice pathway for us, I need to remove more snow now. That was my best moment of this day so far!

Happy Sunday, Peeps!

xo

T

No comments: