Thursday, May 10, 2012

He Makes Me Homemade Soup

My Sweet Husband Brad..a.k.a. "Carrier Pigeon Uno"- not entirely his fault as he works as a registered nurse at the U of M and comes into contact with germs aplenty....gave me the gift of a very bad May cold.

For all my body knows, it's January. The nice weather outside tells me different. Anyways...what I'm trying to say is this sucks. Seriously...coughdrops in May?  Hacking and sweating and then being cold while it's 70 degrees outside your bedroom window and you can hear neighbor kids play?

This is what gave me relief:
Bradders makes a mean and delightful homemade chicken noodle soup!  THIS bowl above (and I've had three now!) is really the only thing that has made me feel good in the past few days.  I would be remiss if I didn't give props to Alka Seltzer Nighttime Cold Relief as well. Thank god for science! I slept for the first time in days. I think I even said "Brad, even IF I look like I'm dead or am about to wet myself, if I'm sleeping..just let me sleep." That's how tired and miserable.

Sidebar: Brad's a really good cook of EVERYTHING. If I have a favorite dish someplace, he'll make it his own and it's usually wayyy better!  This sometimes has a tendency to ruin foods at other places...but oh well.




Thank you ALSO Brad..for your fence abilities! Fence is up. Dogs are safe. Praise God!



I've also turned some coffee sacks into pillow covers. Shove pillow in, fold in back...voila! You have a new look. Brad did say "These are kind of scratchy and don't seem to feel good."  Try heels, Brad. Just sayin.
At Kimbolee: "Looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker!"


Beyond that, I've not much to share. I eat soup. I rest. I gag. I gargle with hot salt water (Brad makes fun of me but I always tell him "Listen, the old timers KNEW what they were doing!") and last night I had a turkey sandwich with fried green tomatoes and a blondie with maple sauce of some sort. Life must involve cakes or treats, hence the name of this blog!


Wishing everyone health & wellness & if you'd like to send some of those vibes my way- I'd be forever appreciative!

HOLLA!

xxoo

1 comment:

Shannan Martin said...

I adore you. Please feel better soon. And, of course, Cory and I both send you LOL!