Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This Week's Lovely Makeover

May I present to you...the golden frame that has been transformed!!

Bought this frame while thrifting. And yep, I did have cake on the thrift! It was lemon bread from Starbucks. I still call that "cake". And so it is.


I decided that the gold, although pretty, really does not match the vibe of anything in my house.


Paint to the rescue! I used a pure white by Behr in one of their tiny "test" jars.I had corkboard that I previously bought. I have a lot of cardboard on hand from my Etsy shop. I find that 3M spray adhesive works just swell for these projects. Glue the corkboard to the cardboard so it will retain its shape and have some sort of heft. I used leftover Lee Jofa wallpaper over the corkboard & stapled everything into place & backed it all with kraft paper.







After!  Now a cute and functional corkboard used to showcase family snapshots.








LOVE it! It lends itself to the new white and spring vibe in our living room!

Off to find some Pad Thai! "Somewhere, some way!"

xoxo








No comments: