Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Home Decor

Here is the final photo of my living room. I was soo bothered by the bookcase part of the built-in with it's clutter & family photos, that I just started from scratch and began anew!

Yesterday- Pre Restyle

I had family photos that I LOVE and are meaningful in this space for a good 3+ years. I felt guilty for wanting to take them down- I know it's dumb, but I'm sure many of you know the feeling. Last night I was looking at the area and thinking "Just looking over there stresses me out and it reads as clutter." So this morning..fortified with a Sugar Free McDonald's Latte...I removed everything!




After!

It felt liberating and weird, all at the same time. I am much, much happier with it now. I also now have a stack of framed photos and I don't know where to place them! What's most weird: I did interior design. I can do anyone else's space but my own is filled with "should go here" and "that needs to stay"

UGH!



After- I love it now. Yes, the TV is still large and looming and I still need to cut in with paint. Rome was not built in a day, kids! :-)

I also spent $34 at the Dollar Tree today. I don't think I've ever spent that much there! It was a great time, lots of Easter items were purchased and I'm excited to fill eggs with candy & various items for Sunday!

The point: The combo of Dollar Store craziness, redecorating, two dogs, new neighbors that the puppy continually barks at (almost as if he's disgusted with them. It's cute AND annoying!) has left me spent.

I'm out.

Holla & Sweet Dreams!

xxoo




No comments: